I attended Echo Mountain's Traffic Jam Rail Jam a couple days ago with some friends, and it was so much fun!! I was feeling sick, so I was worried about the hiking but imagine how relieved I was when it was announced that we could take the lift up since the jam was going to be an hour and half long. Fortunately people at Echo were aware that I am deaf, and this girl who worked at Echo, Leanne, helped explain everything to me. Thanks again, Leanne!! I do wish that rail jams were more visual though- that would benefit not only myself, but everyone else too (a lot of people wear headphones). Something like a traffic light system- green = go, yellow = 5 mins left, red = stop! Doesn't even have to be a real traffic light, a green sign, for example, can be hung at the judges' tent. A simple whiteboard will also work, just write down how many minutes remain!
I was surprised that I still did pretty good at the jam despite being sick; taking the lift definitely helped. Head on over to the
720 blog to read about the rail jam!
Dope picture of myself from the rail jam, I'm still waiting for more pictures to show up on the interwebs.

ROARRRR!
Picture by Kenneth Hoglund
1 comment:
Awesome photo.
Post a Comment